The Department of Conservation is the government agency charged with conserving New Zealand’s natural and historic heritage.
Our vision means ensuring that New Zealanders gain a wide range of benefits from healthy functioning ecosystems, recreation opportunities, and through living our history.
To do this, we organise our work around five outcomes:
- the diversity of our natural heritage is maintained and restored
- our history is protected and brought to life
- more people participate in recreation
- more people engage with conservation and value its benefits
- conservation gains from more business partnerships.