Waikawau Bay campsite
Water from tap
- Adult (18+ years): $10 per night
- Child (5 - 17 years): $5 per night
- Infant (0 - 4 years): free
42 km north of Coromandel.
From Coromandel take the Colville Road for 22 km to Whangaahei Junction, turn right into Port Charles Road, then right into Waikawau Beach Road and follow for 5 km to the camp.
Grid reference: NZTM2000, E1826915-N5945852
Latitude: -36.60586488, Longitude: 175.53701524
- Main camp gates locked between 10pm and 6am from 24 December to 8 January
- Unsealed road access from Colville
- Dogs are prohibited at the campsite
- Fires are strictly prohibited
There are also two houses available for holiday accomodation in Waikawau Bay.
Bird and wildlife watching
Child/family friendly activities
Diving and snorkelling
Mountain biking and cycling