Whangarei volunteer Wednesday
Volunteers planting by the coast
Join a DOC ranger for a day, and help preserve our beautiful natural environment. Every month volunteers come together and help us with a wide variety of conservation work.
Every third Wednesday of the month.
What to expect
The work varies from month to month, but is usually suitable for a range of fitness levels and skills.
Every month it is held at a different location. Past examples include:
- Site maintenance at Ruapekapeka Pā
- Weeding at Ocean Beach
- Painting at Otamure campground
- Planting at Paradise Shores
- Fencing at the Whangarei Kiwi Sanctuary, where volunteers were lucky enough to meet a kiwi that required a transmitter change
There is an educational component each month, which may include:
- A talk from our knowledgeable rangers or a member of the local community group
- An opportunity to meet local wildlife
- An opportunity to go on a guided walk
View some snapshots from past Whangarei Volunteer Wednesdays
To find out more or to register your interest contact:
Phone +64 9 470 3365