Draft West Coast Te Tai o Poutini Conservation Management Strategy
Approved Conservation Management Strategy
The approved West Coast Te Tai o Poutini Conservation Management Strategy (CMS) was published June 2010. It sets out DOC's proposed intentions for the integrated management of natural and physical resources located within the West Coast Tai Poutini Conservancy over the next 10 years.
View the approved West Coast Conservation Management Strategy 2010-2020
Consultation process to develop the Conservation Management Strategy
- The draft West Coast Te Tai o Poutini CMS was publicly notified on 13 July 2007.
- Submissions on the draft CMS closed on 5 October 2007 and public hearings were held in February 2008.
- DOC revised the draft CMS to reflect public submissions and opinion where possible and posted written responses to all submitters on 11 March 2009.
- The West Coast Tai Poutini Conservation Board considered the revised version of the draft CMS, along with the submission analysis, and agreed to forward the revised version to the New Zealand Conservation Authority (NZCA) for its approval on 20 February 2009.
- The revised draft CMS was presented to the NZCA at its 8 April 2009 meeting.
- The NZCA approved the West Coast Te Tai o Poutini Conservation Management Strategy 2010-2020 on 15 April 2010.
2007 publicly notified draft CMS
2009 revised draft CMS, as presented to the NZCA
Viewing documents on this page
Some documents are currently only available as PDFs or other files such as Word or Excel. If you can't view these files please get in touch with the listed contact to request another format or a hard copy. About PDFs and other alternative formats.
back to top