13 Nov 2012: CSP Technical Working Group
Meeting was held on Tuesday 13 November 2012, at Level 4 Conference Room, Conservation House, 18-32 Manners Street, Wellington.
Chair: Mike Davies (ph: +64 4 471 3081; email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
New Zealand sea lion colony at Dundas Island
9:00 am - Welcome, Introductions, Scope, Objectives, Apologies
9:05 am - Presentations
12:30 pm - Lunch (not provided)
1:15 pm - Continue presentations, any other business
5:00 pm (or earlier) - Close of meeting
Draft minutes from the CSP TWG meeting of 13 Nov 2012 (PDF, 107K).
Order of presentations
- POP2012-01. New Zealand sea lions – Auckland Islands population study. Proposed ground survey methodology for 2012/13. Simon Childerhouse (Blue Planet Marine).
- POP2012-01 New Zealand sea lions – Auckland Islands population study. Proposed aerial survey methodology for 2012/13 field season. Barry Baker (Latitude 42).
- POP2011-01 New Zealand sea lions – Auckland Islands population study. Draft sea lion database. Finlay Thompson (Dragonfly).
- Variation in abundance of NZ sea lion prey species over the Campbell Plateau: evidence from commercial fishery and survey catch and effort data. Jim Roberts (NIWA).
Note: this is a NIWA project seeking feedback from the TWG.
- POP2012-05 White-capped albatross – population estimate (Auckland Islands). Proposed methodology. Barry Baker (Latitude 42).
- POP2011-02 Flesh-footed shearwater – population study. Draft report for 2011/12 field season and update on methodology for 2012/13. Susan Waugh (Te Papa).
- MIT2012-03 Review of mitigation techniques in setnet fisheries. Proposed methodology. Simon Childerhouse (Blue Planet Marine).